Dancewave’s mission is to provide high quality dance education and mentorship to NYC youth and to ensure access for low income students and families. Dancewave is a non-profit dance center that inspires students to express themselves authentically through an innovative model of dance education. Our unique model combines rigorous training with artistic integrity, and access for all, in a supportive environment. Students are mentored by accomplished dance professionals, which allows for personal growth as well as superior dance education. Dancers have the opportunity to join our pre-professional dance companies, where they gain technical proficiency and self-confidence through training, rehearsals, and performances.
We accomplish this through our educational programs:
- School at Dancewave - Youth dance classes for children ages 24 months and up.
- Adult Class Program - Dance and fitness classes for adults ages 18 years and up.
- Dancewave Company Program - Pre-professional dance performance opportunities for youth ages 7 and up.
- Dancewave Scholarship Program - Tuition assistance for deserving youth.
- D-Wave in Motion - Arts Education in NYC public schools.
- Dancing Through College & Beyond - A free college preparatory program for high school students.