Houston Endowment, Inc.
600 Travis St. Suite 6400HOUSTON, TX77002
Public or Private Sector:
Type of Funding Agency:
Type of Support:
Community and Social Justice Organizations
Programs and Services:
- Build the capacity of arts organizations and strengthen greater Houston’s arts ecosystem
- Provide innovative solutions to system challenges such as inclusion, relevance and financial sustainability;
- Build the capacity of arts and culture organizations that contribute to sector vibrancy, resiliency and impact; and
- Enhance public policy benefiting the greater Houston arts and culture sector.
- Create opportunities for all to engage in diverse and meaningful arts and culture experiences
- Cultivate audiences that reflect greater Houston;
- Increase understanding of the cultural needs and interests of the broad public;
- Expand broad-scale programming that results in greater access to high-quality, high-impact arts education for children; and
- Infuse arts and culture into multi-sector community initiatives.
- Seed and transform parks and greenspaces to increase park equity
- Assess the availability and condition of local parks, estimate future risks and plan for improvement;
- Acquire, enhance and ensure access to parks and greenspaces, emphasizing underserved areas; and
- Strengthen the capacity of organizations carrying out strategic park development.